Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 11-16-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
MickJav
Newly Registered User

MickJav is on a distinguished road
Software Development Agreement

I'm currently adding a contract section to my project system I have found a lot of these software Development Agreements or contracts but can anybody with a bit more experence than me in such things point me to a good one

A few links I am looking at
https://www.docracy.com/0qzh2rs36xg/...ment-agreement
https://www.pandadoc.com/software-de...ment-template/

I'm working on a replace system for the details in the db plus a few reports for said

thanks in advance

MickJav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,430 Times in 3,321 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice
Re: Software Development Agreement

with changing legal emphasis over time, where in the world you are and specific issues, it is difficult to suggest a 'good' one. The examples seem to cover all the bases.

Compensation - perhaps hourly, daily or some other period, but I tend to charge fixed prices and require 40% at the start of the contract, 40% when ready for user testing and the balance of 20% on completion of user testing or a time limit, whichever is shortest

Only issue I usually have is around intellectual property rights. It depends but I believe these need to be restricted to work that is unique to the client - as a developer you save time and reduce costs by reusing code developed. e.g. data security and certain routines around invoice generation, data importers and the like - in return, the client pays a reduced price.

So things like 'what it looks like' belongs to the client, clearly the data belongs to the client, but I believe 'the way it does it' does not belong to the client. There are, after all, typically only a few ways to do something.
CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ_London For This Useful Post:
MickJav (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
MickJav
Newly Registered User

MickJav is on a distinguished road
Re: Software Development Agreement

Im trying to make the project adaptive so people will be able to adapt contracts for different situations.

MickJav is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: