MS Access 2007 VBA on Win10: Send/Receive UDP (1 Viewer)

Sorrento

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:16
Hi,
I have been searching online for some time now, but not found a clear answer to:

Is it possible in MS Access 2007 on Windows 10 Pro (64bit) to have VBA code send and receive UDP?

Once developped, I would need to deploy the same code on Windows 10 Home 32bit and MS Access RUNTIME version. Is that possible and supported?

I think some people had limited success a few years ago, before Win10 and on different Access versions.

Any insights or code samples are much appreciated.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:16
Thank you sneuberg. yes, I did see that. The code is very helpful, but I think this post left me with quite a few questions unanswered about:
Did it actually send the data at the end?
Possible in MS Access versions (2007) AND Access 2007 RUNTIME version?
Possible in Windows 10 versions (32 + 64 bit) which did not exist back then in 2012?
Possible to send AND receive UDP in the above environment?

Hopefully someone can confirm they got this to work before I attempt to develop.

UPDATE 7 Sept 2017: After testing the code in the above link, it seems to run without an error, but it appears that no UDP packet is sent. At least my UDP testing tools are not picking any up. I am unsure, but it lookslike the UDP sender IP is 0.0.0.0 with a different port every time it runs. Will try and find out more.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom