ASP from Query of linked table - error messages (1 Viewer)

tobypsl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:54
Hello

I have a Access 2003 DB that queries a Paradox DB via linked tables. The reports are easier to generate that way as the Paradox DB is a commercial product.

I would like to publish the Query results on an office intranet as ASP's. This seems to be a fairly straight forward process which I have achieved with a small test DB.

The Access DB is on one computer and the Paradox DB on another computer on a perr to peer network.

I am able to publish tables that are held locally in the Access DB. However when I try to publish a table or query, which is linked to the PARADOX DB I receive the following error message;

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '\\Thepctwo\rdb\RDB\RECDATA' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.
/ASALIAS.asp, line 23

Clearly this is telling me that the path to the Paradox tables is not valid. I know that to link a table the path can be expressed in two, maybe more, ways. Perhaps it needs to be expressed in another format ?

I also know that I could create another query that makes a temporary local table based on the result of the linked table query. But I want the data to be live so the query has to be live and I have the feeling that I would get the same error message if I tried this ?

Anyway I was wondering if someone could confirm whether it is possible to generate ASP's for queries using non local linked tables ...... and if so point me in the right direction.

Any help very much appreciated as the alternative is to pay a local IT student an hourly rate to learn how to do it for me. I'm convinced it must be straightforward really :confused: ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom