Delete lines when empty (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HavingABlondeMoment
  • Start date
H

HavingABlondeMoment

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to get away from Paradox 5.0 and start using Access 97. Neither program am I sufficiently adept at but I can figure out most anything with some guidance *grin*

I have a ratebook with 10 available descripton fields. Field 1 will always have something in it, however fields 2 through 10 may or may not.

In Paradox you click on the field and select "Delete When Empty" (when you are in Report Design).

Does anyone know the equivilent in Access? I've seen mention of CanGrow/Shrink (both of which are set to yes, and still didn't work) and I've seen what I think is criteria, but I don't know how to specify criteria in anything other than query.

Eagerly awaiting your response, I'm *NOT* going to do this in Paradox and making the boss understand that is becoming a problem because he wants his ratebook NOW!

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:56
if your report is formatted like this:
fld1 fld2 fld3 fld4 fld5, etc.
the can grow/shrink will not work. it works only vertically.
like:
fld1
fld2
fld3
fld4

if you need to do it across the page, i would suggest creating a new field that is a concatenation of your 10 fields. fld1 + fld 2 + fld3, etc. you will need to deal with null values to make this work. (see NZ function in help)

hth,
al

[This message has been edited by pcs (edited 08-17-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom