Access 2007 SP Cannot open encrypted file (1 Viewer)

Beady

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:39
Hi,
I'm in the process of converting a complex database written in Access 2007 to a web enabled version. I would like to continue using the Access 2007 database as a back-end repository.

The accdb file is encrypted with a password and I have no problems accessing it directly in Access 2007.

I use Dreamweaver 8 to edit the pages and DW8 again has no problems displaying the tables/queries etc.

However, when I try to open the files using the DW8 generated web pages (IIS localhost), I get an 'invalid password' error.

I use a connection string: MM_dataCon_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\site\database.accdb; password = xxxxxx;"

If I use: MM_dataCon_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\site\database.accdb; password = xxxxxx; userId=admin;"

then I get a message about a missing Workgroup Information File - I understood that Access 2007 doesn't use that.

If I remove the encryption and reference to the password/user then everything works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas how to use an encrypted Access 2007 file via asp pages? Is it even possible?

Help!

Bernard D

rgraham

Local time
Today, 08:39
I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Un-encryped files work great, however, encrypted files seem to have problems accepting password.

In a number of forums and posts around the web the problem has been reported. Has anybody found any help with this issue yet?
Thanks for any help,
Bob
01bobby@cox.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom