Gathering data from a calendar query (1 Viewer)

Shipper225

Windows XP Access 2007
Local time
Today, 03:14
Not 100% sure this goes in this section but I'm giving it a shot. As my SN shows I'm not a programmer yet I've been asked to build an access database for the EH&S (since I've built a few minor ones for my department) and I was wondering how I would go about using the calendar control option. I've seen it done where there are two calendars displayed the user selects the beginning date on one and the end date on another and then a type of report i.e. reportable injuries and it is generated. I have the report but I don't know how to do the query. I am running access 2007 and am not skilled at VB or SQL but I can stumble through with the proper coaching.

Local time
Today, 17:14
Here is one way - not quite sure if this is what you want.
There is a sample search form with a text box for start date and another textbox for end date.
When user clicks in the start date textbox a calendar pops up, user selects a date and it appears in the start date textbox.
Similar textbox for the end date.
The sample search form has code that uses both the start date and the end date to search for all records between the 2 dates.
It is my favorite search form - I use it in all my apps. My users like it because it is so easy to use. Here is the link
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

Shipper225

Windows XP Access 2007
Local time
Today, 03:14
Thank you, that was more information then I really needed but I was able to put it to good use and get that part of the database nailed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom