Command Buttons in Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Today, 03:24
Hi all,

I recently updated one of our computers to Windows 10. Seems okay - I am not thrilled although I really haven't performed any real work on it. I am running Access 2013 on both machines and my computer is running Windows 7. While running Windows 7 everything is fine. In Windows 10 my issue is the appearance. All of my command buttons and tab controls are oversized. It is adding extra space to the right and bottom of the button that if you hover in that space it does not recognize the button. I cannot simply resize the controls as they retain this additional space and overlap even using a stacked layout. The attached images are of the menu/switchboard in my db which is to better illustrate. Before_Capture is in Windows 7 while Capture is Windows 10.

I added an additional button which created the same behavior with no formatting (layout, shadow, glow, etc.). I opened a new template "Updated: Asset Tracking" this template performs as it should. Opening a new blank db has the same issue as well as any of the templates not specified as "Updated". Has anyone else encountered this? or have any ideas what it could be related to? Many thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Before_Capture.jpg
    Before_Capture.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 105

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:24
If you used the wizards to originally create the forms they added a lot of additional padding and grouping and buffer boxes around controls. These seem to be very difficult to get rid of if you don't want them...
I experienced a similar issue going from 2002 to 2010 for some reason.

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Thanks for the response Minty. This particular form was just a blank form that I added controls to. Control padding and Control Margins are both set to none. Do you recall what you did to fix this? I'd be glad to try anything at this point. Being though the problem does recreate itself in a new blank database there is something different about it's "updated" templates.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:24
On my systems I solved it using by switching from 2007 full version access to 2010 runtime.
In theory they are supposed to be compatible but the control margins broke things.

I don't think yours is the same issue - and I haven't ever used any of the included templates I'm afraid.

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
I will look into using runtime just to see if it fixes it. Really we should be going in that direction anyway - no since of paying the extra for full versions.

To not confuse things further my DB was created from a blank - I only mentioned the templates since the ones that say "Updated" work and without the prefix do not.

Samantha

still learning...
Local time
Just to update the solution: After one of the windows 10 updates it resolved itself without any further actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom