Several queries for a form letter individually (1 Viewer)

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:01
Hi,

I do a form letter mail merge link a query by setting up a recipient list from Word -> Mailings -> Start Mail Merge -> Step-by-Step by Mail Merge Wizard ... -> recipient list. Then I save the linked table/query form letter.

Now, I have several queries which will link this form letter separately. Do I have to do the above mail merge link for each query and save the linked query form letter individually?

Can I use the only one form letter for all queries by like VBA or any means?

Welcome any suggestions.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 12:01
If you have several queries with the same data, why not simply have one that includes what you do to differentiate the others?

If all are pulling from "Customer", why not simply have ONE that you can select from?

Or do you pull effectively the same data from different tables? This could indicate a different issue with your set up.

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your suggestion.

One of the query is shown below

SELECT tblProcessTReAppt.TRef, tblTutor.UID, tblTutor.Title, tblTutor.LastName, tblTutor.FirstName, tblTutor.Alias, tblTutor.ClinicAdd1, tblTutor.ClinicAdd2, tblTutor.ClinicAdd3, tblTRank.HDesc, tblTAppt.JobPosition, tblTAppt.Company, tblTAppt.Honorarium, tblTAppt.Allowance, tblTAppt.FCF_No, tblTAppt.budget
FROM ((tblProcessTReAppt LEFT JOIN tblTutor ON tblProcessTReAppt.TRef = tblTutor.TRef) LEFT JOIN tblTAppt ON tblProcessTReAppt.TRef = tblTAppt.TRef) LEFT JOIN tblTRank ON tblTAppt.RankCode = tblTRank.ID
WHERE (tblTAppt.AppointedBy = "UG") and (tblTAppt.RankCode=1) and (tblProcessTReappt.ReplyToInvitation= "Y")
ORDER BY tblTutor.LastName, tblTutor.FirstName, tblTutor.Alias;

The rest queries have different values for tblTAppt.RankCode.

Any further suggestions.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 12:01
If the ONLY thing that makes them different is tblTAppt.RankCode, then have a combobox with values for RankCode that the user selects prior to generating the mail merge. Alternately, the same way they are currently selecting the differing queries would simply pass to ONE query what the value is.

For the queries, are you creating them through ACCESS itself as a definition or are you simply writing your own SQL to pass?

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
Currently, I did a form for values for "RankCode" selection. I also maintain several queries with each query a specified value for "RankCode".

I wanted to maintain a single word form letter file for mail merge with all queries.

How can I build the field holders in the form letter and apply VBA to link them up?

Best.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:01
Yes, that's why I provided the link

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom