Enter Parameter Value (1 Viewer)

m0thz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:57
Hi everyone,

Every time I open a report, I get an "Enter Parameter Value" for an entire table. I had a bunch of these for individual variables, which I found and fixed, but I still don't understand how I can enter a value for an entire table. Would anyone have any idea where I could fix this?

Eg, whenever I open PretrialReportRisk, I get a dialog box that says "Enter Parameter Value: Data Table". "Data Table" is the name of a table object. Data Table.AgeAtBooking was another dialog that I fixed, but I cannot figure out how to fix this one.

Thank you!

Jacob

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Jacob. Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you may have used an Alias for the table. Are you able to post a small copy of your db with test/dummy data?

m0thz

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much for your warm welcome!

Attached is a zip of the database in question. Thank you so much for any help you're able to provide!

Jacob

Attachments

• MyFirst.zip
    364.8 KB · Views: 85

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you so much for your warm welcome!

Attached is a zip of the database in question. Thank you so much for any help you're able to provide!

Jacob
Hi Jacob. Thanks. Check your IIf() statements and remove [Data Table]! from them. Also, you'll need to add other fields in your Record Source if you're referring to them in your IIf() statements. For example, Violent and Non-violent.

m0thz

Registered User.
Local time
I initially inserted [Data Table]! in order to get rid of the dialog boxes, but now I understand that the real solution was to include them in the Record Source. Thank you for that!

Solution: Instead of inserting table references in any IIF() statements, include those references properly in the Record Source (Layout View -> top left square -> Property Sheet -> Record Source -> select all the records you need to pull from)

Now that this is fixed, I have another question, but I'll ask it in another thread. Once again, thank you so much for your help and your warm welcome, DBguy!

Jacob

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I initially inserted [Data Table]! in order to get rid of the dialog boxes, but now I understand that the real solution was to include them in the Record Source. Thank you for that!

Solution: Instead of inserting table references in any IIF() statements, include those references properly in the Record Source (Layout View -> top left square -> Property Sheet -> Record Source -> select all the records you need to pull from)

Now that this is fixed, I have another question, but I'll ask it in another thread. Once again, thank you so much for your help and your warm welcome, DBguy!

Jacob
Hi Jacob. You're welcome. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom