temporary table of SOME records (1 Viewer)

Nastaran

Local time
Today, 13:21
hey guys,

can you tell me how to select some, but not all of the records [of forms] and save them in another temporary table?

tnx.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:51
Hi. What do you mean by selecting records from a form? How exactly would you select each one? If you want to select records from a table, you can use a query with a criteria. You can then convert this select query into a make-table query.

Nastaran

Local time
I have a form that has some records and my users should choose just one record, and when my user select this record, this record add to another form.

Actually, I want to make "add cart" in Access.

TNX

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have a form that has some records and my users should choose just one record, and when my user select this record, this record add to another form.

Actually, I want to make "add cart" in Access.

TNX
Hi. You don't add records to a form. You add them to a table. To add records to a table, you can use an APPEND query. So, in your "Add to Cart" button, you could execute the APPEND query.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Usually you do that by having a boolean field in the table named IsSelected or something similar then you use that ([IsSelected]=True) in a query used to populate your cart, This allows for multiple selection as well.

Cheers,
Vlad

Nastaran

Local time
Hi
my form is result of another query and table and I want to select one of this result and add it to my "add cart", I know that this result should save to another table, but I don't know How, and Unfortunately I don't know How can I use append query.
tnx

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi
my form is result of another query and table and I want to select one of this result and add it to my "add cart", I know that this result should save to another table, but I don't know How, and Unfortunately I don't know How can I use append query.
tnx
Hi. See if this article helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom