Different Frontends For Different Roles (1 Viewer)

cochese

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
I've Googled this and see that it's possible but I can't find out how to execute it. I'm making a database that will be split, and I would like to have two different front ends to the single back end.

The users will not have Access on their computer, just the Access viewer so everything will be accessible from a switchboard. One group will only need a front end with switchboard #1 available when they open it, and the second group will need a different front end with switchboard #2 available when they open it.

Can anyone link me to a page/post with how to do this, or write an explanation here? Thank you!

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 05:43
What you really need is a login form to detemine who is opening the database then use an IF statement to decide which switchboard to open next. This way you only have one front end to maintain.

cochese

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
Yeah...possible solution I didn't think of. However, I don't want the group using switchboard #2 to have access to the same stuff as the group using switchboard #1. I would need a password prompt still (which isn't a big deal, just not what I wanted to do).

My preferred method is having two frontends with different switchboards loading. I don't mind having to maintain the two if it comes to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom