Continuous form, focus on record with button (1 Viewer)

MushroomKing

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
Hi guys! I have a silly issue i can't seem to find a solution for anywhere.
Maybe because im using the wrong terms...

So i have a continuous form with records. Theres a button on there that does some stuff on after update.

PROBLEM:

Before i can use the button, i have to click the area around it first to highlight/select the record, and THEN press my button.

Is there a way to focus on the record when i click it, and run the rest of the code?

It's really user unfriendly like this. Please help. Thanks!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:51
I think you better explain a bit more, when I click on a command button on a continuous form it works fine

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:51
Oh, I think I know what it might be..

Have you got an "invisible control" parked over the top of the command button?

To find out, open the form in design view, select any control and tab. As You tab through each control you will see the current selected control with a highlighted border... You should be able to identify if you have a control you are not aware of.

Alternatively you can open the property sheet, at the top of the property sheet is a combo box where you can select each control. Again, on selection the control wll be highlighted. You can associate its name with its position and work out if it's something you put there, somebody else put their, or it's something that's invisible..

In the olden days, if you put an invisible control on a form it was common practice to give it a back colour of "Yellow" so that when you viewed in design view, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

MushroomKing

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Uncle,

thanks for the reply.

Yes i do have. This has to do with an image i wanted to put over the button. I am totally aware its there.

Yet, i didnt see this as problem.

Is there a way around it?

MushroomKing

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Gizmo. Just fixed it :)

Thanks alot for mentioning it.
I just switched them around and use the command button with a transparant background. Should have known better. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom