Free BETA Release ProcessTools Access Add-In Version 0.XXX (1 Viewer)

James Dickinson

PigeonPie
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:52
Free Microsoft Access Add-in ProcessTools (BETA Version only)

To get the full BETA Version (version 0.XXX) without the 30 day trial period simply add your email into the payment screens Payment Receipt Number.

The BETA version will be free for life unless you upgrade to a newer Major version. (i.e. version 1.XXX or 2.XXX etc)

The add-in comes as is and is to be used with the same caution as you would any application you download off the internet. I hope these tools are of use to someone out there in the world.

I look forward to your feedback and suggestions. I already have a list as long as my arm of new tools or tweaks to current ones.

Download here...
https://processit.co.nz/processtools.htm

Enjoy.
:D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:52
James, despite the possibility that your post is altruistic in nature, it may violate the community guidelines regarding potential commercial advertising.

James Dickinson

PigeonPie
Local time
Hi The_Doc_Man

I'm more interested in getting user feedback. The mechanism for this software to be purchased is indeed there however I do not have that level of confidence to go ahead with a full release. Obviously commercial software is not allowed here but as this tool box is not fully ready for commercial release I feel it is a work in progress of which I am merely asking for input and guidance. I have provided a means to bypass any purchase agreements for those willing to help test run the software and I have provided the BETA version free for life to those who download and install the software using their email. This is essentially freeware.

Cheers

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:52
James
I installed v0.01 when this add-in was first brought to my attention just over a month ago.
I provided detailed user feedback and you promised me a free licence. However, I've not received that from you!

As I had installed it just over 30 days ago, it was past its trial period and therefore unusable.
I removed it & downloaded the latest version from your website.
However I found out that is version 0.004 - i.e. an earlier version.
The installation process failed as I have a newer SQL Server driver which I'm not prepared to uninstall.

The result is I can't use this version either
I've tried reinstalling v0.01 but of course its still unusable as its past the 30 day limit.
Entering my email in the Paypal Reference Number box didn't seem to work with v0.01

Please can you sort this out as it really isn't creating a very positive impression!

I'd also recommend you purchase a code signing certificate otherwise the smart screen warnings at the start of installation may well deter other possible users

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I looked at some of the tools at the end of last month.
I then left it until today as James was on holiday for a couple of weeks

Several items are very similar to tools I've created but the interface is well laid out and seems easy to use.
I've not tried all the tools and at the moment I can't do so!
But I'm probably the only person in this situation!!!!!

There are several bugs in v0.01 but its BETA so you would expect that.
I assume there are probably more bugs in v0.004

I had hoped James would fix those bugs before 'offering' this to forum members.
In other words, I was expecting a NEWER version rather than an EARLIER one.

My opinion is that this should be offered as time unlimited software whilst it is still in the BETA stage with regular bug-fix & feature updates supplied as and when ready.

Screenshot of the menu in v0.01 attached

UPDATE:
For anyone who missed it, another completely free addin hosted at Github
was offered recently by new member xkrishx. See this thread for more info:
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=300949&highlight=Github

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Colin...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

James Dickinson

PigeonPie
Local time
Yes I very much intend on sorting Colin with the licence that we discussed. I have no problem with this. I was simply in the process of making a more stable build for Colin to be able to use as there were some glaring bugs that needed ironing out. No point in handing out a licence to something that doesn't work right? So version 4 is a more stable build and i will convene with Colin and anyone else who has issues with this build via their provided emails.

I will invest in the software certificate once out of BETA.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
there were some glaring bugs that needed ironing out. No point in handing out a licence to something that doesn't work right

I have this problem also, I make something. I say it'll be ready in a week, and then I start finding bug after bug after bug!

It gets to the point where you are afraid to release anything.

The only way to get over this total road block is to realise that everyone releases something with bugs in, just cast your mind back over Microsoft's history!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:52
Uncle, if you are going to compare yourself to Microsoft, you need to learn the right way to say things:

"It's not a bug; it's a feature."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom