Create one macro to execute multiple "Saved Imports" (1 Viewer)

Bruiser la Rue

Local time
Today, 13:57
I have been importing data from Excel 2010 into Access 2010.
Now have six separate "Saved Imports"

Tried to create a single macro that executes all these data tasks with one button/click. DO not see an option in the macro building lists.

Help? Advice? Examples?
Thanks. Namaste.

Bruiser la Rue

Local time
Snapshot of the Saved Imports.

How can I create a single macro that does all six of these in one command?

Thanks,
Bruce

Attachments

• SNAG_Program-0029.png
    SNAG_Program-0029.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,120

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:57
When you create a macro in 2010 you don't see all of the Macro Actions so you have to tell it at the top to show all the actions and then you will be able to apply the import spreadsheet options you want.

Bruiser la Rue

Local time
OR...if a macro is not the best path, then suggestions for using VBA and sample command logic structure?? Its been 20 years since I've used visual basic, so makes me a true newbie.

Thanks!

Bruiser la Rue

Local time
When you create a macro in 2010 you don't see all of the Macro Actions so you have to tell it at the top to show all the actions and then you will be able to apply the import spreadsheet options you want.

Thanks for response. Agree. I can choose "ImportExportSpreadsheet", but not the same as referencing "Saved Imports". Using "ImportExportSpreadsheet" limits the import macro to looking for a table within a sheet, with addditional steps required. I already have the imports working as a saved steps that works individually for specific xls sheets. Now trying to simply tell a macro "this is the saved step i want you to execute"...and then do the same for all six saved steps. lol

Hierkommtnils

Local time
Try this code on button.

DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport ("Name of saved import")

You can multiple this code for each import in row...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom