Need help copying ID to new form (1 Viewer)

Nitz927

Local time
Today, 00:06
Hello,
I am currently creating a database which stores customer details and booking details.

I have the following tables: Customers and Reservations, both of which are linked by the CustomerID field.

The customer form automatically assigns a CustomerID when you enter data, however I then want the CustomerID to be copied on to the reservations form aswell. Also, the reservations form is a new form and not a subform.

Thank you

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 18:06
You haven't provided much detail about how users get from the Customer form to the Reservation form. So I'll tell you how I would do the whole thing.

On the Customer form, put a 'Reservation' button. In the code for that button, you read the CustomerID from the Customer form, put it into a variable, open the Reservation form, put the value into the CustomerID field (which should be a hidden and locked field).

If you are unfamiliar with that, use the wizard to automatically generate the code to open the Reservation form, then open the code and tuck in the code to read in the CustomerID and spit it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom