windows 8, cannot find pst file (1 Viewer)

smiler44

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:33
I have searched high and low on the internet on how to find my Microsoft outlook 2007 pst file. It seems my laptop running windows 8 has not stored the file in any of the given locations or if it has, the lap top has hidden it.

GGGGGRRRRRRR.

I have done a search for *.pst, no results
I have looked in c:\users\username\application data\
I have looked in c:\users\username\documents
I have gone to control panel, show hidden files and folders, view, hidden files and folders and checked show hidden files, folders and drives

still I cant find the blessed thing.

please can you put me out of my misery, treat my like and idiot and give me a step by step how to find the pst file...please :)

thank you

smiler44

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:33
only recommendation, download Everything, its a freeware, very fast on searching for files. comes in x32 and x64 version.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't believe 'application data' is the correct folder name - it should be appdata and may be a folder off that.

Also have you tried making a change to outlook (e.g. send an email, add a note or contact), then search for files that have changed today?

Other alternative is in Access use External Data>More>Outlook to link to an outlook folder, then either hover over the linked table to see the path or use the linked table manager.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
C:\user\usernamehere\documents

However this will only be there if you either have archiving active, or have manually exported the information.

Your current "live" Outlook information is actually stored in a .OST file in
C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook Do not do anything with this file other than maybe make a copy it off somewhere when outlook is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom