Yesterday, 20:26
how to write field in table like tbl. field is that right

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:26
Hi esso, welcome to AWF...

I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean do you need to prefix field names with something in a table, then you could add the prefix fld so a field you named "MyField" would become:- fldMyField... It's not strictly necessary to do this, and many don't. However one of the advantages of using a prefix is, you can ensure that you never accidentally use a reserved word.

If you mean should your table names be prefixed with tbl, then yes, this is considered good practice and again it gives you the benefit of avoiding accidentally creating tables with a reserved word as the name of the table. It also helps you identify what you are referring to in your code...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:26
Hi. Just want to say, Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
Welcome to the forum.

I'll answer the technical question as I interpret it. If I have misunderstood the question, don't hesitate to correct me.

When you have a recordset open, you can tentatively write a field that might be stored using recordsetname.fieldname = somevalue but that wouldn't be enough to commit the update. If you are using an UPDATE query, you can use syntax like UPDATE table SET field = value WHERE ... (and you hope that your WHERE clause is specific to the record or records you wanted to update.

However, somehow I get that your problem is more basic even that that. You didn't specify whether your question was in VBA context or SQL context, and the answers for those two cases usually are quite different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom