Access DB connected to SharePoint site - People Picker Field updating with ID (1 Viewer)

Kstruth

Local time
Today, 08:03
I have a SharePoint 2013 list that is connected to Access 2016 db that consists of over 700 projects. Access is mostly used to display the SharePoint list items in a report view.

Recently the one of the fields in SharePoint list, "Project Customer" was changed from a drop-down list to a People Picker. Now the field is updated as an ID.

The Db is connected to a Table called "UserInfo2" that has all the names connected to the Query.

I changed the field "Project Customer" to a combo box, however the field return is the ID instead of the Name its associated with.

Current Row Source: SELECT [ID], [Name] FROM Userinfo2 ORDER by [Name];

Side note: I have a similar field "Project Engineer" that is also a People Picker configured to point to UserInfo2 and it is working perfectly (done before my arrival). I have matched all within the Property Sheet to this with no luck.

What am I missing?:banghead:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:03
Hi. You might be able to adjust the combobox to display the names, but I would caution about accidentally changing the stored value from IDs to names. Your current row source pulls two columns. What is in the Column Count, Column Widths, and Bound Column of your non-working Combobox?

Kstruth

Local time
Today, 08:03
Howdy to SunnySandyEggo

Property Sheet:
Column Count:1
Column Width:
Column Heads: No
Bound Column:1

Is it possible with it set to 1 - thats why its only reading first column? If yes, how to resolve, let me know if I am going down the wrong branch on that one.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:03
Howdy to SunnySandyEggo

Property Sheet:
Column Count:1
Column Width:
Column Heads: No
Bound Column:1

Is it possible with it set to 1 - thats why its only reading first column? If yes, how to resolve, let me know if I am going down the wrong branch on that one.
Hi. Okay, let's try the following settings:

Column Count: 2
Column Width: 0

Leave the rest of them the same. Let us know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom