Sending SMS to phones. (1 Viewer)

HandSam

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:41
I have an Access 2007 database that sends emails to any members selected. I however need to send messages to phones of the members in the database, following that I come from a third world country where not so many people have email addresses. I know there is the outlook method of sending texts and I know there are these sites that act as the platform and then you pay for subscription fees. Is there any other nice way? Will one have to pay in all the cases? What are the advantages of using outlook? Can it work with bulk sms?
Pliz help

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 13:41
Contact your local phone company.

If there is a way they would be the ones to help.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 05:41
There is no need to mix Outlook into this

1. You can send SMS via a so-called HTTP call (not all providres offer this service) - you pick a provider world wide, many sell batches of SMS. Alternatively, find the cheapest one to country of interest on this list: http://backsla.sh/betamax (note that the prices listed are for calls -. you'd have to look up sms price, and verify that you can indeed get the SMS sen via HTTP call)

2. Re HTTP call - search through my posts. I asked this question some 1 year ago.

3. If your local providers have a calling plan with free SMS, it mioght also be possible to sendt them directly via a mobile phone attached to you com,. technically messy, but might work. Don't know how.

4. You can send SMS via Skype. That is easy to integrate into Access. There are examples that you can google. It's not free, but to some countries very reasonable price.

Bryan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:41
Some providers let you send a SMS message via e-mail.

For example, you could send an email to ##########@vtext.com which would wind up on a Verizon phone as a SMS. Verizon, for example, also allows the user to configure an e-mail alias instead of using the mobile number for the e-mail address.

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Google is able to do this for US phones. If you were not using international numbers, maybe you could use Google for it. I know you can send e-mails with Access via gmail, so maybe it's possible to send texts too. Only problem is there are probably no working examples to be found anywhere.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 04:41
Guys, this is a 7 year old thread? :D

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We've had a lot of this lately. Something is popping old threads to the top of the list. I recently responded to one as the first response in several years. I wasn't doing a search so I didn't actively pull up an old thread, I was just moving down the list of active threads.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:41
We've had a lot of this lately. Something is popping old threads to the top of the list. I recently responded to one as the first response in several years. I wasn't doing a search so I didn't actively pull up an old thread, I was just moving down the list of active threads.

This happened to me the other day too. I'm trying to be more careful now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom