Relationships (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 16:22
I guess it didn't really matter in this instance how old it was since it was just to do with relationships and stuff not really code or features?

I meant it as a general statement.

torz

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:22
Yeah I got what you were saying, mine was more of a question than anything...
I'm hopeless trying to explain / ask things via text so it obviously came across wrong :)

I'm not only really new to the forum but as you can see, VERRRRRRRRRRRY new to databases as well :(

Everyone on this forum is & has been amazing with the amount of help and assistance provided its been an absolute godsent!! :D

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
I would guess that 2007 is becoming the most acceptable version. I prefer 2003 which at times has more functionality than later versions. (So I am told)

The bottom like for me is that I need 2003. The same for a lot of the other folk here at the AWF Retirement village. Most of the time we are just happy with bread and water.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:22
following on from Rain, the dbswindow in A2003 was very easy to use. I find A2007 onwards much harder, although since I was shown the search bar, it's a bit easier.

the ribbon is horrible, unless I am missing something. In A2003, I could have a switchboard, and a top menu offering the same choices, with maybe 10 dropdowns off some options. With the ribbon, you get a miserly 3 options per "category".

Nothing to do with your query, but it's why I too stay in A2003 if I can.

torz

Registered User.
Local time
following on from Rain, the dbswindow in A2003 was very easy to use. I find A2007 onwards much harder, although since I was shown the search bar, it's a bit easier.

the ribbon is horrible, unless I am missing something. In A2003, I could have a switchboard, and a top menu offering the same choices, with maybe 10 dropdowns off some options. With the ribbon, you get a miserly 3 options per "category".

lol, glad you posted I'm always happy to read *when I have time* and try and learn :D so I have a question for you, when you say

Do you mean you have your own custom ribbon made with drop down options? or are we talking about just the standard ribbon??

RainLover

Local time

I would agree with what Dave has said. But I would go a little further and say that I would prefer to use Access 97 rather than any of these new versions.

I would agree with what Dave has said. But I would go a little further and say that I would prefer to use Access 97 rather than any of these new versions.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time

Damn Rain, you sound like Jack Torrance,

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
What is this about. Should I know something that I don't.

He was the character in The Shining, before he sank into a permanent, and final psychotic episode...

He repeated over and over, in a novel he was writing, "All work and no play, make jack a dull boy".

RainLover

Local time
Dash. I missed that one. I am not keen on horror but I do like the SCI FI

Now that I have been made a Marked man I don't know what to do. I think a bowl of ice cream and I will watch my first version of The House of Cards. American. I have already seen the English one but they won't use it in the US because too many would not be able to understand the language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom