Saving a new table from a filtered table (1 Viewer)

Jcarpe78

Local time
Today, 18:56
Hello, I am wondering if it's possible to create one big table and have the options to filter it once loaded to create different tables from it that I can use when pulling reports. I think I am wasting time by uploading 3 different excel spreadsheets when I can combine them and filter out the results I need for three different clients. Is this possible?:banghead:

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 15:56
Welcome to the forum!!!

...to filter it once loaded to create different tables from it that I can use when pulling reports.
There is no need to create temp tables from a table to create reports. Just use a query.
IMO,
Mark

Ranman256

Local time
you can export excel sheets from filtered table.
no need to make new tables.

Which do you want?

Jcarpe78

Local time
Excuse my ignorance in access. I am new to this program. I am trying to import client information that is in an excel spreadsheet into access. From there I use the query to point to the correct data and than I generate reports such as data and so forth. Before, I was importing the random sample than the sample from the coders, and later all files combined. In my head, I thought I could upload one huge combined file and add a letter to the back of the identifying numbers tab to differentiate or filter between samples.

Jcarpe78

Local time
Thank you very much. I truly appreciate the link and quick reply. Have a great weekend.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The others seem to have a different take on this than I do but I don't see any problem with importing multiple spreadsheets into the same table. Since you need to keep the source distinguished, the best solution is to link to the spreadsheet and then use an append query. The append query also allows you to accommodate differences in field name and field order that might occur with different spreadsheets. In the append query, you can have an additional field that indicates the source of the data. Do NOT concatenate this discriminator with some other field. Keep it separate for ease of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom