Generate report from data displayed in form (1 Viewer)

andry19

Local time
Today, 14:21
Hy all ,

I'm making an access 2013 databases application , for my work place with the scope to generate automatically some documents based on some combo box selections.

So in order , to be much more specific , the main form have :

• one combo-box selection for truck number (cboNr_Auto) which reads from table "Advanced Conditional List" and fill auto text boxes for displaying name of driver , license number , etc... ( working well with afterUpdate event)
  • one combo-box selection for code of trash (cboCod_Deseu) which reads from table "Categorie_Deseuri" and display the name of the trash in text-box "txtDenumire_Deseu" ...(WORKING WELL)
date pickers for loading and unloading dates- working well
text box for manual entry of weight - working well
My question it's next :

how can i generate an report based on my combo-box selections , date pickers and manual entry for the weight field via a pushbutton?
Thanks

andry19

Local time
The link it's good as information , but i don't know how to apply in my case.
What i want to do with my report it's something like this :

- my database includes 3 different tables without any relationship between them.
- user select from combobox the truck number.The combobox populates automaticaly 7 text fields
- user select from combobox the type of the transported trash and populate automaticaly 1 text field
- user select from combobox the name of the sender
- user select the date for loading and unloading the truck from date picker
- user entry manual in one text filed the weight of the truck

I need one button wich filter and populate my report with the data extracted from the selection.How can i do this?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:21
Although Alen Browne provides some excellent advice, I do think that it is a little difficult for a beginner to comprehend.

I have done a several sets of videos on how to build a search form practically from scratch, you can find them on my website here:-

http://www.niftyaccess.com/build-an-advanced-search-form/

I also provide my email address so that you can ask me a specific question about a specific location in a video.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The VBA code creates an SQL String which is passed to the subform. In your case, you would pass this SQL to the Report.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

andry19

Local time
Thanks , i will take a look and i will came back with the result

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Thanks , i will take a look and i will came back with the result

I also provide the code for the set of videos in this blog:- http://www.niftyaccess.com/building-search-criteria/ which is shown as being available for 99 Cents. However, you can have it for free if you sign up to "Nifty News!" Follow this link:-

http://www.niftyaccess.com/niftyfreecode_1

Sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of the page and I will send you the coupon code which gives you access to all of the samples on the at the above link "worth $20" for free!

Once you have the coupon code you can download any/all of the ones shown at that Link. The particular one you need for that set of videos is:-
Building a Search Form - Code

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom