ODBC connection problems to SQL Server (1 Viewer)

BennyLinton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:53
Thanks in advance for any clues on this problem. I'm migrating several SQL Server databases from SQL2005 to SQL2016 - each has a complex MS-Access front-end. One database is visible (I can connect to the tables) in a MS-Access frontend, and another database is not though I followed, I think, the same method for each. I retrieved a .bak file and loaded it on the C:\ drive of the host machine and from there I loaded it into SQL2016 using this script and all my tables are there with the expected data. The first line of code displayed that the logical data and log files were named ATCB_DB_Data and ATCB_DB_LOG and I can't seem to change that on my SQL2005 backup.

Is it possible to have a DNS-less connection with a connection string and have about 5 users in the database at the same time? Do I have to re-write my VBA code for dozens of read, write, update operations on dozens of forms? - or can I just open the database with a connection string stored in a module and have it open the database when a form is opened?

Here's what I was doing on SQL server to create my database:

restore filelistonly from disk = 'C:\DATABASES\CPCE_DB_backup_201801290019.bak'
RESTORE DATABASE CPCE_DB
FROM DISK = 'C:\DATABASES\CPCE_DB_backup_201801290019.bak'
WITH
MOVE 'ATCB_DB_Data' TO 'D:\Databases\Data\CPCE_DB_Data.MDF',
MOVE 'ATCB_DB_LOG' TO 'D:\Databases\Data\CPCE_DB_Log.LDF',
REPLACE
;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom