Jet Replication (1 Viewer)

Glibli

Local time
Today, 09:42
I want to synchronize the design master with multiple replicas.
Can anyone give me the code to do this I have already created the replicas. I have read your security concerns. But other options is atm a real pain especially web services. Error 401 with almost everything tested has bring me to the conclusion that I should try that on windows 7 where I have atm windows xp running iis5. I have since written a client version of the program with internal components that clones the web service. Security is no concern. So please can you just show me how to do this. To help you

VB.NET 2003
Access 2000
Windows XP

A comprehensive as possible example would help without using commercial products like a replication manager.. Furthermore I would not like the discuss web services or alternative options.

Glibli

Local time
Today, 09:42
Ok since yesterday I read more on front ends - back ends and it seemed an easier solution. So Ok I have now have front ends and back ends but my client computers is still a bit slow. Should I replicate the frontend to the client computers or hope a network upgrade solves the problem. Is there any tips on how to quicken the process. Concurrency also seems a bit of a problem as updates dont reflect on the server computer. How do I solve this? This is windows applications. I was thinking along the lines of triggering it each few minutes with a wait method. But is there anyway I can trigger the update from the client or server side immediately. Some function that picks up the updates and triggers the refresh. Any answers even if their in the form of links would be appreciated.

If replication is still the best speed option on the client would I need to create an instance of an DAO object link it to the database replicate it each time and synchronize each few minutes. A code example would be appreciated if so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom