I need some help with inserting and deleting rows in a table using vba in excel (1 Viewer)

david.paton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:40
Now it won't let me convert to a range. I am selecting the table, right clicking on a cell but it doesn't give me the option.

david.paton

Registered User.
Local time
I moved the formulas then made another table. It still gives me the same error. When I have a cell within the table selected, the table tools menu item won't even show up.

david.paton

Registered User.
Local time
so it isn't registering as a table.

david.paton

Registered User.
Local time
This is driving me nuts! I went to an earlier version of the file where the table tools did show up but when ever I select it make it into a range and add in just the I to the new table, it gives me the same error.

david.paton

Registered User.
Local time
This is the row that is highlighted:

Set tbl = ws.ListObjects("Costing")

Is there anything wrong with this line as my table is called Costing, so I have no idea??

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 23:40
Your delete code has Table3 ?
I have no idea as to whether it is case sensitive. I am sure sheet names are not?
Anyway try that.

Code:
Set rng = ActiveSheet.ListObjects("Table3").Range

When I try and run it and press the add button row, this is the line that has the error:

Set tbl = ws.ListObjects("table3")

It says run time error 9, subscript out of range.
But that doesn't make sense as my table is set to table3??

david.paton

Registered User.
Local time
I found out what I should do. I just included the long formula in the cell in F7 so it updates correctly now.

Yay

Now I just need a way to ask for confirmation before deleting a row if the row has text in it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom