Make ACCDE For Multiple Users (1 Viewer)

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:25
I have created a database and want to distribute the database over network. Is there something that i want to do so that there will be not data loss of duplication as the same database will be used by two or three users means they will be entering data in the same table.

kindly guide.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:25
Link leads nowhere.
My guess is the original poster has deleted the message that the link goes to.

I'm wondering if Minty can confirm that?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The owner of the linked site deleted the thread and banned the user due to the language used in a reply.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
My guess is the original poster has deleted the message that the link goes to.

I'm wondering if Minty can confirm that?

I think you may be correct in thinking that the OP has deleted the other thread. pbaldy had already replied but I posted the usual link about cross posting. The OP replied with some abuse and name calling. I replied by pointing out that insulting the people that are trying to help was probably not in his/hers best interest, that I would not help any further in this or other post made by that member and that I would urge all other members to ignore his/her questions in any posts that I saw. I reported the post that I felt was offensive.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:25
@bob fitz

Too late for me, never saw the other post.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Let's hope that the OP (vagues0ul) behaves better in this forum.
Well let's just say if vagues0ul has used the reporting facility to report Minty for pointing out the double post, then that's not what the reporting facility is for.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
the senior developers should assist the newbies instead of pointing out posts which will lead to nothing. There are many comments about the post and my comment on other form but not a single comment regarding my question. As mentioned in my intro post i mentioned few names that are always helpful regarding all my queries instead of searching for double posts.

Anyway i got help from a good pro of this site and my issue is fixed. You all can now talk about me posts. :D :D

Last edited:

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
that I would not help any further in this or other post made by that member and that I would urge all other members to ignore his/her questions in any posts that I saw.

lets see how far it can go. I had created 4 id on this forum just for the users like you who always cry for nothing. Ignore what you cant see :cool::D

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
the senior developers should assist the newbies instead of pointing out posts which will lead to nothing. There are many comments about the post and my comment on other form but not a single comment regarding my question. As mentioned in my intro post i mentioned few names that are always helpful regarding all my queries instead of searching for double posts.

Anyway i got help from a good pro of this site and my issue is fixed. You all can now talk about me posts. :D :D
It would appear to me that the OP is incapable of reading provided links and has learnt nothing from the help provided.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
lets see how far it can go. I had created 4 id on this forum just for the users like you who always cry for nothing. Ignore what you cant see :cool::D
If you behave in this forum as you did in the other forum I don't suppose it will take too long for you to get all four banned.
Have a nice day :)

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:25

Not true I asked a question that was never answered. I just assumed you figured it out and I see I was correct. Good luck on your project.

psyc0tic1

Access Moron
Local time
Today, 01:25

I remember once upon a time I felt the same way on another site which subsequently drove me to this site. There were respondents that just posted links to similar questions (some no so similar) and due to the specific nature of my questions, they didn't seem relevant or helpful. Upon further reading and investigation, these posters weren't being that helpful after all because that was pretty much all they did was basically tell me to read things I had already read and didn't understand.

I also remember lashing out similarly (without the name calling etc) which similarly got me nowhere.

In this case the links provided were in fact helpful (I saw the original post on the other site) pointing you in the direction of splitting the database which was exactly what you were asking for.

Some subjects do not need to be re-explained when there are no special circumstances involved such as the built-in function for splitting a database. Even in my most ignorant stage I was able to read one of those links posted by others for others and accomplish the task without incident.

So in this case even the most novice Access creator shouldn't get offended by this type of response.

Furthermore... the link to the site explaining the ins and outs of cross-posting was also very informative and well though out. I read the whole thing because it was interesting.

I regret the feeling that this will not be an isolated event and want to apologize to the fine people on this site for having to deal with this kind of issue and commend everyone for handling it as professionally as they have.

You guys are great people and I appreciate your selfless devotion to helping others... even if other people do not.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
I remember once upon a time I felt the same way on another site which subsequently drove me to this site. There were respondents that just posted links to similar questions (some no so similar) and due to the specific nature of my questions, they didn't seem relevant or helpful. Upon further reading and investigation, these posters weren't being that helpful after all because that was pretty much all they did was basically tell me to read things I had already read and didn't understand.

I also remember lashing out similarly (without the name calling etc) which similarly got me nowhere.

In this case the links provided were in fact helpful (I saw the original post on the other site) pointing you in the direction of splitting the database which was exactly what you were asking for.

Some subjects do not need to be re-explained when there are no special circumstances involved such as the built-in function for splitting a database. Even in my most ignorant stage I was able to read one of those links posted by others for others and accomplish the task without incident.

So in this case even the most novice Access creator shouldn't get offended by this type of response.

Furthermore... the link to the site explaining the ins and outs of cross-posting was also very informative and well though out. I read the whole thing because it was interesting.

I regret the feeling that this will not be an isolated event and want to apologize to the fine people on this site for having to deal with this kind of issue and commend everyone for handling it as professionally as they have.

You guys are great people and I appreciate your selfless devotion to helping others... even if other people do not.

they didnt even reffered to already answered question. All they did is point out my double post and showed their cheap mentality. They are forgetting that there are people who are willing to help in either case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom