Table builder, AutoSave, Return to Top, Solved marking (1 Viewer)

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:17
Nice to have features:

Table builder/edit tools at least on the Advanced post editor.

Auto Save of reply during composing for recovery in case of accidental closure of thread window.

Return to Top button.

Allow any poster in thread to mark Solved.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:17
Table builders are always nice. Usually the alternative is to use code tags and build an ASCII table, which is never really fun.

Most browsers will detect a filled but non-submitted form and confirm closing and losing changes. Might be easier to leverage some basic markup to get the browsers to recognize that versus implementing a custom feature for it.

Return to Top: I usually use Home or Page Up keys myself, but doesn't seem to work if you're in a textarea.

Any poster to mark as Solved: not sure I'd care for that myself. While I don't really worry too much about the solved/unsolved status, I think if I were asking a question, I'd not want someone else to mark it solved for me, as I might not agree. I remember the first (and only time) I used a Bounty at StackOverflow and I HAD to mark a response as correct when my time was up, which I thought was ridiculous being that nobody was able to give a satisfactory response. I think this could be helpful in cases where the OP is long gone and someone might want the thread marked as solved though.

My 2cents. Cheers

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:17
Regarding marking "Solved" - definitely an issue, and there are definitely problems in how it's implemented.

By way of a short-term experiment, I would suggest that if you see a thread you think should be marked Solved, then hit the "Report Post" button and add the comment "I think this should be Marked Solved" moderator(s) will be able to mark it solved, if they see fit.

Obviously the more people that hit the same thread saying it should be marked as solved the easier it is for the moderator(s)...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:17
Copying a feature from another forum, I think it would be useful if users were required to state their Access version when starting a new thread e.g. Access 2010 32-bit. A dropdown box with all versions could be supplied and adding 'All Versions' as an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom