How to post an image? (1 Viewer)

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:01
Is there some trick to posting an image in threads? I've tried the Picture button from the toolbar, which asks me for a URL (I upload to imgur and enter the url, but the image doesn't display), or I can do an attachments, which just shows up as a link to the file rather than embedding the image.

Not sure if I'm missing something or maybe a post count issue?

Ex: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1558311#post1558311

Thanks,

Ranman256

Local time
click GO ADVANCED button
use the paperclip, attach pic, load it
come back to message box, click paperclip downarrow, select the pic.

if paperclip fails, use button under MANAGE ATTACHMENTS.

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, but I'm not following. I don't see a GO ADVANCED (even searched for 'advanced' in the post screen and found nothing), and I didn't find a relevant button under Manage Attachments.

I did find the paperclip down arrow and selected from there, which put it in an ATTACH tag instead of an IMG tag (and I was hopeful), but all that did was remove the attachment frame and show it as a link.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Jack,

I don't know the answer; I always use an attachment. I have found info under faqs (see attached), but it does not seem to do an inline image. Hopefully someone can tell us the specifics -- if it's possible.

Attachments

• ImageInfo.png
    ImageInfo.png
    58 KB · Views: 510

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 01:01
Jack:
I doubt the post count is the issue. While creating this post, the image tags in the editor window look like this for the image below, which is linked from Flickr.com...
Code:
[IMG][/IMG]

...and then between those tags you type or paste the url. To host the image at AWF you can upload the image using this site's upload tools, and when the upload is complete a link appears. That link is the URL of the image as hosted here, so then you can right-click that and open the image in a new tab or window, copy its URL from there, and paste it into the
tags, which is what I did with this image of storms on Jupiter...

...and you can see the "Attached Images" section, below.

hth
Mark

Attachments

• 36730877670_039fa4a008_k.jpg
    36730877670_039fa4a008_k.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 546

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 01:01
so to show jdraw's image inline...

Code:
[i m g]https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=68942&d=1512760734[/i m g]
...and if I kill the tags by adding spaces, the code looks like that, which is the URL you see if you hover the mouse over his upload link...
Mark

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:01
Just realised that mark actually told us what it was.
I'm viewing on a tablet and it automatically zoomed out to fit in all the image on screen. As a result it made mark's text tiny for me.

I hate to say this but we could do with a better image placement setup where a thumbnail is displayed but clicking on it shows a larger version.

In fact I know exactly where I've seen just that feature... :D

jleach

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks all - I'd hope I can figure out it from here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom