I Keep Getting Logged Out (1 Viewer)

Jeffr.Lipton

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:24
Every time I open a new tab, or go to new page, it seems like I'm logged out and need to sign back in comment.

Wassssup with that???

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:24
Every time I open a new tab, or go to new page, it seems like I'm logged out and need to sign back in comment.

Wassssup with that???
You mean in AWF? Yes, this happens to me occasionally, but not a severe as you describe.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Doesn't happen to me. Is it perhaps a cookies problem? I think the site uses a cookie to keep you logged in.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 01:24
I had to log in twice today, then the problem went away.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:24
This sounds like a cookies issue. So far I'm not having any problems like that, but then again I've been doing other stuff on and off today.

If you set your browsers to allow 1st-party cookies and either deny or request permission for 3rd-party cookies, you should be OK. (I use DENY 3rd party myself.)

There is another problem that could cause it. Flush your cookies for anything older than X (where X is a week or two). Sometimes you have a limit on how much your browser is allowed to keep in files and depending on exactly how that is configured, it might be dropping recent login cookies. I have an auto-cleanup set for old cookies, so every now and then I'll get a "please log in first" notice. But I haven't had the "kick out" problem recently.

Jeffr.Lipton

Registered User.
Local time
I've cleaned my cookies and we'll see how it works...

I'll get a "please log in first" notice. But I haven't had the "kick out" problem recently.

What's the difference? "Please log in" indicates that I've been logged out (ie. "kicked out".

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:24
I'm saying that after I toss my cookies (if you'll pardon that turn of phrase) I have to log in again, but at least in that case I know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom