Jon - problem with TheMindTavern (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:31
Jon, your site TheMindTavern is unresponsive since about midnight last night (New Orleans time) and thus has been down for at least 8 hours.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:31
Thanks for letting me know Doc. I presume it is a hosting issue again, since it shares the same hosting with these forums.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmmm it's up for me from the UK ?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Whatever was going on, it affected two of my systems - a Win7 and a WinXP, with fully updated Firefox. However, it might have been a Firefox bug, because after tonight's Firefox update, the problem has gone away. Sorry, Jon, might have been me this time. Or, at least, might have been Firefox.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I did a bit of Googling and came across this error with people using Firefox. Maybe it was that. In future, if it happens it would be easy to test another browser to rule it out.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yep, I still have the "standard" Microsoft browser, though to me it is poor when compared to Firefox. But I will remember to try it next time before sounding the alarm.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Any reason you are not using Chrome?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When I was still with the Navy as a contractor, we were given a list of approved browsers in order of preference. Firefox was higher on the list (at the time) due to its ability to run the on-line training presentations mandated by the Navy for all affiliated personnel. As I recall, Chrome was also approved but with a note regarding that it would be more likely for the presentations to work with Firefox than with Chrome. By now I would expect that any issues have been resolved, but at the time, I used Firefox and just got accustomed to it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I used to use Firefox too because it had lots of extensions and plugins back then. Chrome overtook it and so I did the switch. I just cannot get into Microsoft's latest effort, Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom