Adding record in 2005 Express (1 Viewer)

Malcy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:45
Hi
Sorry this has left me stranded. I am just trying to see if I can get VB.NET from the Studio.Net 2005 Express working.
I have started a new project, built a couple of forms, put together an outline database structure in SQL 2005 Express. And that is it so far.
What I need to do now is add the data entered onto the form into the relevant table in SQL. I am quite happy doing this with ADO in Access but clearly I need a different technique and despite searching cannot seem to find the answer - it is probably so basic (pardon the pun) that it is assumed everyone knows - but I don't!
I presumably need to create a connection as I would in Access, and then I also need to do the equivalent of opening a recordset, which now seems to be called a dataset(?).
Then where I would have used the AddNew method and defined field in recordset to update to textbox off form, I seem to probably need to do an INSERT INTO statement and then vaguely similarly define what goes into what field.
If someone could either walk me through or else point me to a resource I might be able to follow I would really appreciate.
I need to see how feasible it might be to use SQL 2005 Express for a project with a web interface using VB.NET (or would it be better to use ASP?) and possibly an Access local front end or else VB.NET again. If skills look like they may be transferable then I may give it a bash,
Thanks
Any help greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom