Alabama boy kills 1051 pound monster pig (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:21
I’m not ignoring it. I just don’t see what that has to do with your quote saying Cops pull guns on people they pull over.

When I get home I will get out my tape measure and get the dimensions of my engine.
Do you want it in Inches or Metric?
Forget it son, just trying to make normal conversation but it is impossible, stop being such a touchy git. I was merely interested in the cc (or cubic inches as you call it) of your car and what make it was.

And to be honest if the British treated the colonies better back then, the United States would not even be know as it is now.

Thanks for pointing out the current mess the USA makes is all our fault. Do some research son, you're about the 50th paranoid American to say this:rolleyes:
So all your discomfort and hatred for all things American is because of how England administered its government.
Good oh - why don't you get out more? Maybe you'd see some reality instead of relying on google history pages. Come over to the UK and Rich and I will certainly take care of you

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:21
You will have to ask the officers why they choose me to pull over.
You will also have to ask the officers who pulled me over if it I irritated them.
Interesting that the US cops pull people over then don't say why they did it:confused:

Let me have the officers names and numbers and the police area they belong to and I'll find out for you - you must be desperate to know - I'm sure they'll remember you

Col

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 06:21
I thought state side they needed probable cause??- might be me wrong - here in the UK they can stop any vechile and ask for licnese,insurance doc etc-without any reason

alought a friend of mine did used to get pulled over -quite regulary and had to in the end comlain to the police authoriy - but he was driving a flash car and looked like a gangster (big puppy really) -
the police offered an apolgie - he was pulled 4 times in one week -cos of the car and his looks- - he had a fit espically when it was the same copper on one of the occasion - and he ripped into him say had anything changed since the last time -

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:21
I thought state side they needed probable cause??- might be me wrong - here in the UK they can stop any vechile and ask for licnese,insurance doc etc-without any reason

Gary, you are correct. Here in the USA, there are two reasons for which the police are allowed to pull you over. First, probable cause that you have some violation about your vehicle or you performed some improper traffic act. Second, they are allowed to establish checkpoints and do some pattern check for current license and registration and insurance and such. The latter is legal as long as there is a strictly numeric pattern of selecting vehicles to pull over. In the pattern check cases, probable cause is not required.

Lots of folks on the USA side of the pond don't understand the rationale behind this, but some cases have gone bust due to failure to have probable cause to stop the vehicle. In fact, I'm not in favor of USA policy on this - at least not entirely. The business about probable cause is that if you stop someone for no cause and happen to find something, some shyster lawyer will find a way to zing your case - by excluding all evidence collected during a stop for no cause.

The fine point, the line in the sand, is whether you can search the car once the driver has displayed proper license, registration, title, insurance, inspection stickers, etc. If there is nothing wrong with the documentation, and if there was no smell of alcohol or marijuana, nor the smell of a decaying corpse, then the general rule is - no search allowed. This occurs because our Bill of Rights has a clause that CAN be interpreted to mean that while we are in a car, we cannot be searched without due process. And that is because in most cases, the car is private property.

On the other hand, the patterned checks are perfectly legal because they are not based on race, gender, religion, or other arbitrary criteria, so cannot be said to display a bias. And it IS legal to demand proper documentation such as driver's license, insurance card, vehicle registration, etc. Because in the USA, driving is not a right. It is a regulated privilege. And to a legal eagle, those two terms are as different as night and day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom