ABC News Bans Flag Lapel Pins (1 Viewer)

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 13:35
Thats not very nice Rab... :(

Here's one we can both wear:

Now we know what to give Col and Rich for Christmas:D

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:35
Now we know what to give Col and Rich for Christmas:D

I'll buy them and send them if they promise to take their picture wearing them and post it to the forum... :)

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Nice one, Rookie. It seems on the surface to be pretty balanced. Which is exactly why the people I'm making fun of here won't pay attention to it.

Thanks George. Having seen the movie, I freely admit that it is biased in a sense... AGAINST MICHAEL MOORE! Other that that it tries (for the most part) to keep to its purpose of debunking what it refers to as the "lies and misdirections" that are contained in the movie. If you believe that Michael Moore is not capable of error, then this movie is probably not for you. If you have an open mind and want to get additional insight into the events beyone the story that the movie tells, then give it a try. I suspect that it must be available for rent or purchase somewhere.

Last edited:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Nice one, Rookie. It seems on the surface to be pretty balanced. Which is exactly why the people I'm making fun of here won't pay attention to it.
Yes let's look at how balanced it is, this quote's from that link

A year after 9/11, I was part of a panel discussion on BBC-TV’s "Question Time" show which aired live in the United Kingdom. A portion of my commentary at that time follows:
"One of the panelists was Michael Moore…During the warm-up before the studio audience, Moore said something along the lines of "I don’t know why we are making so much of an act of terror. It is three times more likely that you will be struck by lightning than die from an act of terror."…I mention this exchange because it was not televised, occurring as it did before the show went live. It shows where he was coming from long before he produced "Fahrenheit 9/11."

What the hell's that got to do with the film...........NOTHING

The fact that it's even more likely that we're at greater risk of a lightning strike is correct but of course doesn't fit in with the Republican message

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I'll buy them and send them if they promise to take their picture wearing them and post it to the forum... :)
You'll have to cut it in half with a hacksaw first:cool:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 06:35
The reporters should just give ABC News the big finger and wear a larger lapel pin and say God Bless America at the end of their story if they are so patriotic.

ABC News Bans Flag Lapel Pins

Yesterday, the brass at ABC News issued orders forbidding reporters to wear lapel pin American flags or other patriotic insignia. Their reasoning was that ABC should remain neutral about 'causes'.

Since when is support for preventing our death & destruction some sort of a cause? Since when is patriotism to be discouraged. I urge you to boycott ABC and its sponsors and affiliates.

We are slowly losing everything our country stands for, and everything our men and women fought and died to preserve.

What in the hell is going on in this country...............Is it me?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Thats not very nice Rab... :(

Here's one we can both wear:

Hmmm, methinks it should have the stars and stripes and the St Andrew's Cross for Rabbie, don't you???

Personally I think all Scots should be made to wear the St Andrew's Cross, make us identifiable so that when the time for relocation comes... :D

dane

Local time
Isn't this fairly old 'news', vintage approx 2001? And, since most of the flag pins are made in China, what's the big deal?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Hmmm, methinks it should have the stars and stripes and the St Andrew's Cross for Rabbie, don't you???

Personally I think all Scots should be made to wear the St Andrew's Cross, make us identifiable so that when the time for relocation comes... :D
Our financial sense and our cultured accents usually make us easily identifiable:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom