Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 07-31-2017, 02:56 AM   #16
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

nickaccess is on a distinguished road
Re: Access Report to PDF loses unique URLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridders View Post
Yes you can post screenshots like this one which is the page opened using my code in post #11

See here for instructions https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=194680

However it might save time if you could post a stripped down version of your db removing any confidential data
Like this.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501498369
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weekly List Shot.JPG (90.5 KB, 37 views)

nickaccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:01 AM   #17
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Yes you can post screenshots like this one which is the page opened using my code in post #11

However it might save time if you could post a stripped down version of your db removing any confidential data
I am losing the will here. Argggghhhh, you have to laugh.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501498827
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weekly List Shot.JPG (90.5 KB, 228 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 03:08 AM   #18
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,732 Times in 2,494 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

If you follow the instructions EXACTLY as described in the link I gave, the image will appear like this:

All I did was copy your link into the box after clicking on the Image button in the toolbar

However it would still be easier to work on your db rather than from the image
P.S. Suggest you 'lose' my image from any future replies!

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:33 AM   #19
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

Thank you so much, sorry I am being an idiot a lot of this is all new to me. I did follow the instructions but it would not post, it would only post a link to the jpg, will keep trying (I am very trying). When you say a stripped down version of the database, its linked to a live ODBC so you would not be able to get anything anyway to test. I could send what I have worked on. If anything is in there its not confidential, its all public information. Let me know what you think. Thanks again and sorry for being a pain. Nick
Old 07-31-2017, 04:37 AM   #20
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Make a copy with just the relevant parts of your db and save the required tables as local so its self contained.

Info on posting here: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...b3_attachments

Use the Advanced post editor to see all the buttons etc

Max file size for Access db is 2MB but you can zip it if necessary

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
Old 07-31-2017, 05:05 AM   #21
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Make a copy with just the relevant parts of your db and save the required tables as local so its self contained.

Info on posting here: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...b3_attachments

Use the Advanced post editor to see all the buttons etc

Max file size for Access db is 2MB but you can zip it if necessary
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501506112

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501506112

Sorry it will not allow me to paste as a screen shot only as the above. I feel such a nerd, I am following the instructions.

I also cannot save the database, the screenshots show what I have done so far. Everything works apart from the PDF conversion where I lose the links.

Shout at me if you must but I am feeling a little bit of a nerd not being able to post screen shots or save the database. Thanks as always, Mr Nerd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weekly List Query.JPG (89.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg Weekly List Report.jpg (92.3 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:28 AM   #22
isladogs
Part time moderator

SHOUT??? WOULDN'T DREAM OF IT.
I might scream though...

Persevere and you'll get the hang of it.
Took me a few attempts to do inline images as well

So why can't you post it the db as you said its not confidential.
Doesn't matter if its not perfect -if it was you wouldn't need to ask any questions.

Not sure what the query design is there for.
It would be very helpful for you to at least post the code for your report 'button'
Also the datatype that the web address field is stored in. Text or hyperlink?

Website links:

Colin
Old 07-31-2017, 05:42 AM   #23
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

Quote:
SHOUT??? WOULDN'T DREAM OF IT.
I might scream though...

Persevere and you'll get the hang of it.
Took me a few attempts to do inline images as well

So why can't you post it the db as you said its not confidential.
Doesn't matter if its not perfect -if it was you wouldn't need to ask any questions.

Not sure what the query design is there for.
It would be very helpful for you to at least post the code for your report 'button'
Also the datatype that the web address field is stored in. Text or hyperlink?
ridders, you are being a great help. I just run the report based on dates and the result is the report shown. Its a unique hyperlink for each record and it works brilliantly, until I pdf it as you well know by now. I used the hyperlink builder to create a url. I have tried doing text but did not understand what I was doing and it did not work. Maybe I need step by step instructions hahahahaha. I feel like a child now.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501508424
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501508424

If I copy the shortcut nothing happens until I paste and all I get it this. Sorry again, thick-oh working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Report Results.JPG (94.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Weekly Report Properties.jpg (106.1 KB, 115 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:54 AM   #24
Minty
AWF VIP

Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,676 Posts
Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough Minty is a jewel in the rough

When I had an issue with this I created labels with the hyperlink address on them. Seems to work.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:26 AM   #25
isladogs
Part time moderator

I suggest you scrap the hyperlink address code.
Often its more trouble than its worth

Instead either use a label (as Minty's suggests) or a textbox with an event procedure to run when you click on 'Click here to view planning application'

I've just run this exact code using a report label (and also on a textbox)
Both worked!

If you want to use your current label, then its:

Code:
Sub Label57_Click()

Application.FollowHyperlink "https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=" & [KEYVAL] & ""

End Sub
NOTE:
1. It should be a ? after 'do' as above - not = as you had
2. You can always format your label caption to look like a hyperlink (blue/underlined)
3. Make sure KEYVAL is a TEXT field datatype, not a NUMBER and not a HYPERLINK

Website links:

Colin
Old 08-01-2017, 01:42 AM   #26
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

Quote:
I suggest you scrap the hyperlink address code.
Often its more trouble than its worth

Instead either use a label (as Minty's suggests) or a textbox with an event procedure to run when you click on 'Click here to view planning application'

I've just run this exact code using a report label (and also on a textbox)
Both worked!

If you want to use your current label, then its:

Code:
Sub Label57_Click()

Application.FollowHyperlink "https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=" & [KEYVAL] & ""

End Sub
NOTE:
1. It should be a ? after 'do' as above - not = as you had
2. You can always format your label caption to look like a hyperlink (blue/underlined)
3. Make sure KEYVAL is a TEXT field datatype, not a NUMBER and not a HYPERLINK
Maybe I am just getting it wrong and need step by step instructions. In the event tab (on click) I am putting the Application.FollowHyperlink I then put the hyperlink as above into the hyperlink address (do I say YES it is a hyperlink), with yes click it would not work, with no clicked it would not work. SORRY I cannot apologise enough. I am definitely giving up on this one. I done it as a label and as a text box all I get is this (jpg attached). SORRY again, I am being thick. There is no icon with tears on it.

Thanks a million for everything suggestion etc.
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...1&d=1501580560
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hyperlink Result.JPG (46.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 08-01-2017, 02:06 AM   #27
JHB
Have been here a while

Location: In the south of Denmark (Jutland), near the German border.
Thanked 2,072 Times in 2,027 Posts
JHB has a spectacular aura about JHB has a spectacular aura about

Post your database as suggested.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #28
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about

I have just tried the code below which works

I got a reference from your webiste and then the keyval from the url
So despite that being a string using it as a number works?
If I add the ' around the variable as you would with a string it does not work as that becomes part of the url?

The ' gets replaced by %27
https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/onl...O1BSMMJ0U00%27

Code:
Sub TestHyperlink()
Dim url As String, keyval As String
keyval = "OSO1BSMMJ0U00"
url = "https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=" & keyval
Debug.Print url
Application.FollowHyperlink url
End Sub
Doh, just seen Ridders has already carried out an almost similar test

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Last edited by Gasman; 08-01-2017 at 03:04 AM.
Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 AM   #29
isladogs
Part time moderator

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting it wrong and need step by step instructions. In the event tab (on click) I am putting the Application.FollowHyperlink I then put the hyperlink as above into the hyperlink address (do I say YES it is a hyperlink), with yes click it would not work, with no clicked it would not work. SORRY I cannot apologise enough. I am definitely giving up on this one. I done it as a label and as a text box all I get is this (jpg attached). SORRY again, I am being thick. There is no icon with tears on it.
It would have been quicker to fix if you had posted your db
Don't give up!

I'll try & put you out of your misery!
Attached are detailed instructions (zipped so I could upload it to the forum) - normally I wouldn't do this but for you I'm making an exception!

If you follow these it SHOULD work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Detailed instructions.zip (92.0 KB, 14 views)

Website links:

Colin

Last edited by isladogs; 08-01-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:13 AM   #30
nickaccess
Newly Registered User

Quote:

Hi, I have followed your instructions to the tee, it all works wonderfully like it did last time with my coding, but as soon as its PDF this time it loses the link so it just a dead box. The db is 9MB is size so cannot send it. Also I do not have On Load, I only have On Click, On Dbl Click, Mouse Up, Mouse Dn, Mouse Move. I think I owe someone a big pint hahahaha.

I think I just may give up on this one.

Last edited by nickaccess; 08-01-2017 at 05:19 AM.

Tags
reports , unique , url

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: