Question Personalised Staff Rota (1 Viewer)

trashbat

Local time
Today, 12:29
I'm putting together the staff rota for the some graduation ceremonies and I want to ideally give each staff member a personalised rota showing what they are doing in each ceremony. I've currently got a table where each record is a ceremony and then each field corresponds to a particular task and is populated with a member of staff. Is there a simple way of doing this?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 20:29
Yeah. But not the one you outlined, which is not normalized because you are embedding data into structure and will get you into trouble very fast.

tblTasks
---------
TaskID PK
TaskName
TaskDescription

tblCeremonies
---------------
CeremonyID PK
CeremnonyName

tblStaff
--------
StaffID PK
StaffName

tblAssignments
---------------
AssignmentID PK
CeremonyID FK
TaskID FK
StaffID FK

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:29
Welcome to the forum,

If you have several tables perhaps one with the list of staff so you can relate that to a drop down (which then provides an easier manageable system for updating staff), then one for the ceremonies and what you need to place within it.

You can then create a query for the ceremonies and perhaps use some forms and reports to provide information for each staff member and there roles within the ceremonies.

trashbat

Local time
Thanks for that. I've already got a couple of other tables set up and a form with drop down menus for assigning the tasks but I hadn't thought of the assignments table. Sounds like that'd work to me. I'll let you know how I get on...thanks!

James

trashbat

Local time
I've got it all set up and working now with the database structure suggested. Thanks again!

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:29
Well done James and thanks for letting us know you have a working solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom