table design (1 Viewer)

ronaldff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
Hi everyone! Yes its many weeks since I last posted a thread. But now windows 10 and office 365 later, I have a problem - probably I'm not seeing the right way to do this. So, I am just starting a new database design - the first since I switched to Office 365. I am trying to format a number field to "double" with 4 places of decimals (for currency exchange rates). I followed the help advice, created a number in datasheet view, fixed and with 4 places; however, when I type in a value - say 0.9713 - the table displays 1.0000. Using the table design view method, the pull-down list in which previously I could select "single", "double" etc. is blank. What am I doing wrong; your help would be much appreciated.
Regards. Ron

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Is the database created from within 365 as a new app? if so in the design of the table create a number field, in the properties you should see in the drop down

Number Subtype: Floating-point number (variable decimal places)
Display Format: Fixed (3456.79)
Display Decimal Places: change to 4

ronaldff

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Trevor G;
I was trying to add a new table to an existing database. However, I have created a simple new database from within Office 365. I have created a field and set this to number; the field size is defaulted to "integer" from Options, but the pull-down list is blank and will not accept my input of "double". I have also tried formatting the number from the datasheet view - to no avail! I do not see the words "floating-point" anywhere. This looks like a two-pipe problem!!!!
Ron

ronaldff

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Many thanks for your help; I await the bug fix!!! I have used the workaround by setting "double" in the options.

Regards
Ron

Dell Inspiron 15

Local time
Today, 08:29
Re: Table design

I am designing a database for my part time. I created tables:
Table name: tbl_Ccategory
Field name: Category ID; Data type:Text
Field name: Category; Data type :Text
and I want to use this table for cascading combo form along with another table-sub-Category.Do I have to make changes in table?
help please.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:29
Please tell us more.
Cascading combos will exist on a form. Each combo in the cascade will have a different Rowsource.

see this from techonthenet for more Combobox info.

Dell Inspiron 15

Local time
jdraw,
Yes I am working to get it on form. Its not happening. I am thinking if there is(are) mistake(s) in my table design.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:29
Can you post a copy of the database, and some details on what exactly you want on the form?
Database should be zipped.

Here's a link that may help

Dell Inspiron 15

Local time
Private Sub cboCategory_AfterUpdate()
Me.CboCategory.Requery
Me.CboSub_Category.Requery
End Sub
Private Sub cboSub_Category_AfterUpdate()
Me.CboSub_Category.Requery
Me.CboCategory.Requery
End Sub
What will I get from this? I was trying to (in form) display subsets of a category. Its not happening.

Dell Inspiron 15

Local time
JDRAW,
Is there any mistake in my table creation. This is my field name and data types
Table name: tbl_Ccategory
Field name: Category ID; Data type:Text
Field name: Category; Data type :Text

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom