Saving Data (1 Viewer)

cosmarchy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
Hello all,
I have a very frustrating problem, yet I am sure it is quite a simple one to answer.

I am building a database with two tables.
The first table holds information such as name, date, change number etc and the second table holds the actual change to the data itself, ie Qty, part number etc. There is a common field in both table (called change number) so that the many changes in the second table can be linked to a single in the first table ie it has a one-to-many relationship.

To represent the data I have a form and on that form I have a sub-form. The parent form has textboxes (which will be linked to the data in the first table) etc but in the sub-form I need a way of displaying a grid to enable me to enter data into the second table. At the moment the sub-form is a form made to look like a datasheet but the grid will not show until it is bound. The whole idea is that data is not entered into either of the tables unless it is saved, otherwise is should be discarded.

Does anyone have any advise please?

Thanks

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 14:36
The subform is the child of the mainform and as such in order to see the child records you first need to identify the parent record. That is why it appears blank.

Also you should not have orphans. Parents can be childless though.

David

cosmarchy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
The subform is the child of the mainform and as such in order to see the child records you first need to identify the parent record. That is why it appears blank.

Also you should not have orphans. Parents can be childless though.

David
In that case how do I set up my tables? Are there any available tutorials - I cannot be the first to ask this, can I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom