Question Default image for records (1 Viewer)

duberry

Local time
Today, 00:06
I am making an address book application and I have figured out how to add images to each record for a "profile pic". What I want is; when the user creates a new contact I want a default image to display in the image box (I have the image). I am quite good in Access, but not familiar with VBA code (If I even need VBA code). I hope I explained this well enough and any help would be appreciated.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:06
I am making an address book application and I have figured out how to add images to each record for a "profile pic". What I want is; when the user creates a new contact I want a default image to display in the image box (I have the image). I am quite good in Access, but not familiar with VBA code (If I even need VBA code). I hope I explained this well enough and any help would be appreciated.

i don't know about a default image property for forms, but there could be one. you could use a picture local URL in the picture property on the new record() event of your form. or how about an OLE object in a table somewhere that you could refer to? that might work as well. how is the profile pic field set up in your app right now? local URL in the picture property ? OLE's I think have to be bitmaps. i might be wrong though

duberry

Local time
I used an attachment box, I think that's what it's called, and has arrows to browse the attached images and an option to attach a new image. I just need a way to set a default image to it.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:06
ajetrumpet is right there. Using an image control for this you could change the image on the form's BEFORE INSERT event which triggers once a new record is created. I think it accepts bmp, jpg and ico, and I think there's a workaround for gif.

duberry

Local time
I used an attachment box, I think that's what it's called, and has arrows to browse the attached images and an option to attach a new image. I just need a way to set a default image to it.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
What is the purpose of using an attachment control?

Select the control and show a (blown-up) print screen of the control, and the Properties Sheet.

duberry

Local time
I'm not quite sure. This was a team project and my partner ended up figuring it out. I know he used the property sheet and set the default image. I felt stupid after he told me that. :D

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Then you've used the attachment control for that. You should test it when it's bound.

Have fun with the rest of your (team) project ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom