Xbox or Playstation (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 13:19
I am looking for a Gaming console, one that I can also stream movies from the internet on...

Which in your opinion is the best, the Xbox or the PlayStation, and why you think it is better than the other?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 09:19
Playstation. You have to pay extra for far too much on Xbox, even Netflix.

SmallTomato

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
Not sure if you are still looking for input. PS beats Xbox in many regards this generation but in the end the better console for you is often the one with the better exclusives. I would look into the announced exclusives (not limited time releases) for both consoles and see which you would enjoy most. IMO the best gaming system is PC in almost every regard though.

Kliq

Local time
Today, 06:19
Can't go wrong with the Playstation. All the new popular games are on both consoles so it's really just a matter of preference.

marot90

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah PS4 is probably going to win in the long run. But PC is still the best bet, when you can live with upgrading every few years.

Ebweaver

Registered User.
Local time
So much hate on the Xbox, sure Microsoft charges a little more. It really goes to preference though, I've had an Xbox since day 1 and will always get an Xbox. I have had a Playstation as well, Xbox just wins me over.

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
I've had an Xbox since the old breeze block was launched back in 2001, and have always had one since. Ok, so my first 360 died with the RROD after 4 months, but Microsoft swiftly replaced it within 3 days. The service I received from them was second to none, and rarely had XBL gone down (not to the extent of Playstation Network).
I've had the XBO now since day one, and it's been as good as gold, and with the latest updates, the multimedia capabilities are far superior to that of the PS4.
the PS4 is a games colnsile, the XBO is not.
The latest XBO can do far more than the PS4. But where the PS4 excels in, is it's graphics capabilities, it's still no match for XBO's tie in's with the likes of say, Sky TV, NAS and so on.

For graphics superior to that of the PS, I'll always use a PC. Nothing can beat it!

But Xbox over PS for me. Always

Jason Dundas

Registered User.
Local time
I waited in line to buy my first Xbox with the first halo and have owned one since but I have to say I'm not totally sold on the xbone. Mine has been incredibly buggy and fails to read discs or any attachment at times where I have to shut it down unplug it and start it up again to get it to read properly, little but annoying. Thinking about returning it

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Jason - that's not good. How are you turning it off..? via the controller or the actual console?
Once a week, just turn it off holding the "X" on the console for ten seconds. This'll do a memory dump, and reboot it fresh. That should keep everything in tip top condition.

I had a similar issue when I first got mine and it's been as good as gold since.

Libre

been around a little
Local time
I never had an Xbox.
I have a PC, a MAC, a PS3, and a PS4.
The real reason that PC games are "better" than console games is that there is more diversity in them. With the consoles, every single game seems to be a reincarnation of DOOM, in some form. And I loved DOOM (best game of all time?) but I'm totally burnt out on FPS's, Third Person, and RPG's. They give me motion sickness, besides.
I like adventure, strategy, imaginative types of situations.
Things that really grab you (also sexy stuff, lewd, lurid, and indecent is good, but pretty much absent in console games). I don't say I haven't enjoyed the PlayStation (and if you're asking about consoles, it is SUPER EXCELLENT) - but I can't really compare with Xbox cuz as I said I never had it - but I have seen it. Graphics seem comparable, I don't really care about the network play bcuz I'm a single player type. If you are headed in that direction, I'd go with the PlayStation. But shame on the developers and SONY and everyone involved in the industry for making the entire library of console games very much the same - sure there are some exceptions - especially in PS3 that had a lot of time for indies to come out - but now, the best gaming is to be had on web sites like STEAM and played on a PC.
(moan - I just bought my PS4 and already we've drifted away - rarely getting together at all now).
Just my opinion.

Last edited:

RobertGreene

Local time
Hey I highly recommended PS4 that is going to win constantly all the assumptions that have the great gaming console even Netflix too.If you want the best environment of gaming console then you'l be there to enjoy all the entertaining facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom