Posting Payments (1 Viewer)

rheide

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:48
Hello everyone. I have been trying to figure out how to set our database up to be able to apply payments to multiple invoices. Here is a screenshot straight from Quickbooks.

Right now I have a table that has the invoice, date of invoice amount of invoice, customer number and a few other items. I also have a table for payments which includes invoice number, customer number, data of payment, check number and amount to apply.

The biggest problem I am having is creating a query where I get a list of unpaid invoices and then being able to start applying payments to them. In QuickBooks you can enter a check number and an amount and then start applying it to the unpaid invoices, you can get all finished and then just hit cancel which clears out everything you have done. This may solve all my problems if I can figure out how to do that. Is it a temporary table???

Anyway, I am trying to get a little help in pushing me in the right direction of how to setup my queries or forms (not sure where the problem lies). How can I set up my queries/forms to look and work like a quickbook form?

Any suggetions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

Attachments

• applypayments.jpg
    applypayments.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

basehumax

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:48