update an image and text in all forms by a setting form (1 Viewer)

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:25
Hi, I have an access database with several forms and reports. I want everyone who have permission to setting form can update the image and title. I used dlookup in control source of image and textbox and it work good for textbox but the image work for the first time and not working when I close and reopen the file.
Is there any better way to make a setting form to change all label and logos from all reports and forms. Please help me

Attachments

• update_all_Logoes_and_Labels.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:25
I can't see any point in having the same text and image on every form as it will make it more difficult for users to know the purpose of each form
If you really want to do this, you could create a template form containing both of those items and any other design features you want to include on each form. Then use that as the starting point for each new form

Alternatively, you can set an application icon and optionally use that in all forms and reports. To do so, look in Access Options ... Current Database

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
Dear Ridder, Thanks for your attention.
But a form is editable in design view and I want to edit database logo and title in all forms and reports after saving in ACCDE file.
The file I attached before has a form named Settings, you can edit the title and logo with it and open other forms to view changes. My problem is dlookup for image attached that work good for the firs time but when the file is closed and open the image is not showing.
If you have any solution please make in a file and attach it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
What you are describing makes little sense to me
The main purple of using an ACCDE file is to prevent end users making adjustments to the database design or code.
As such you cannot open forms in design view.

If it's an ACCDB file, there are several ways of editing the header text and form image. Personally I wouldn't use a settings table and DLookup.

BTW I see you've now started an almost identical thread. Duplicating posts isn't helpful.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:25
Why does title and image need to be dynamic? Are you developing a product for distribution to multiple unrelated entities?

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
Why does title and image need to be dynamic? Are you developing a product for distribution to multiple unrelated entities?
Yes. I designed a database for schools. so every school wants to put its logo and title on the forms and reports. i want to make a form with the name of Setting to change the titles and logos in all forms and reports.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I also create apps for schools and allow them to use their own logo on forms and reports.
The method I use is to supply a default school logo image file e.g. Logo.png in a specified folder. Each school then replaces that logo with their own.
Result - all forms/reports are updated accordingly

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
The method I use is to supply a default school logo image file e.g. Logo.png in a specified folder. Each school then replaces that logo with their own.
Thanks for your attention, I want only who can access the setting form can change the logo and title. It is possible with subform but Is there an easiest way with dlookup?
I used dlookup for an attachment field in a table and it work good but after closing and reopening the database it doesn't work.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@saqassemi
I have given you a simple solution that I know works with ACCDE files.

What you are asking to do is not the way to proceed.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:25
Have not tried on accde, its for you to find out.
Add code to open event of forms and report.
Check out module1.

Attachments

• update all Logoes and Labels.zip
    218.7 KB · Views: 70

saqassemi

Registered User.
Local time
Dear arnelgp, thanks for your help. You are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom