Hyperlinks showing full network path rather document name (1 Viewer)

David Ball

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:27
Hi,

I have a table with a hyperlink field that I use to link to PDF documents. My users can then open the hyperlinks from a report based on the table.
The PDF’s are located on a network and previously when I linked to them only the document name was displayed in the hyperlink field. Now when I create a hyperlink the entire path to the document is displayed. I’m not sure why, the documents are still stored in the same folder in the same location on the network.
Where before I had short, neat document names I now have very long, crappy looking network paths. (The ones I did earlier are still just the document names).
Is there a way I can change the hyperlinks to display only the document name?
Thanks very much

Dave

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 16:57
Hello David, it appears this one fell through the cracks. Have you work this one out yet?

A S MANN

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:27
Use Str() function to separate doc name and show only that in form

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
Today, 21:57
Maybe this is a change in recent years? All hyperlinks are now stored with two parts, the text to display and the address, for example:
Code:
"12345#c:\documents\12345.pdf#"
will show the text as 12345 and the hyperlink will go to c:\documents\12345.pdf , I believe that unless this is set it will default to the text being the same as the link. If you set it originally or modify it using a right click and 'edit hyperlink' you will find that the form automatically shows the title and not the address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom