Using two combo boxes to determine value for a textbox (1 Viewer)

terrysaunders

Local time
Today, 07:41
Am fairly new to the world of MS Access and struggling to get my head around this.

I have a form designed to help updating content on a website. I'm trying to work out how to populate fields with entries from past dates.

I have set up two combo boxes for each 'spot' on the site, one for date: Feature_1_Date and one for which content spot the content was occupying Feature_1_Spot.

The idea being that these boxes would read the row from my table to find the date, and the column to find which spot the content did occupy to copy the same content into a field Feature_1_Content

From what I can gether I need to use DLOOKUP (I'm very familiar with VLOOKUP on excel) but I'm doing something very wrong as can't get it to show any content. :banghead:

Grateful for any pointers. Thanks.

terrysaunders

Local time
Today, 07:41
Hey again all,

Have been fiddling more with the DLOOKUP idea and have come up with this:

Code:
Me.Feature_1_Content = DLookup("[FEATURE_1_Spot]", "tb_website", "[Feature_1_Spot]")

Which isn't working, but isn't not working either - just getting an unhelpful "2" in the desired Feature_1_Content text box.

So, totally stuck and not grasping the basics of this, very grateful if anyone can sort me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom