Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

View Poll Results: Which age group do you fall in?
0-9 0 0%
10-19 2 4.35%
20-29 6 13.04%
30-39 4 8.70%
40-49 13 28.26%
50-59 9 19.57%
60-69 7 15.22%
70-79 4 8.70%
80-90 0 0%
Legendary 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #1
BlueIshDan

BlueIshDan is on a distinguished road
Smile Blue's Age poll.

I have been wanting to get a feel for the age groups on this forum. I don't know why, but the mind thinks what the mind wants to think. lol

If you don't mind, please select which age range you are in!

EDIT:
Also, this age poll is more for my knowledge of how much experience/professionalism goes with age(time).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blue's Age Poll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Move (Avoid moving objects game):

Last edited by BlueIshDan; 10-22-2014 at 05:42 AM.
BlueIshDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:29 AM   #2
pr2-eugin
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,067 Times in 2,014 Posts
pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about
Re: Blue's Age poll.

I have been meaning to start this poll too, but thought some people might feel it was unnecessary or personal and might shoot me down lol. So I never bothered. Good that you started. Ha Ha !

PS: You forgot to add the poll ! You can use the thread tools to add poll to this question. If you are still thinking how to go about doing it.

!
!
Windows 7 Professional, MS Access 2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above post has helped you, please click the scales
or click the 'Thumbs up'. Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pr2-eugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
BlueIshDan

I was working on the poll and had been disrupted by someone needing help with printers lol. Up now!

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #4
pr2-eugin
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,067 Times in 2,014 Posts
pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about

I am pretty sure (most of the email service providers) do not allow under 13's to get registered for an email account let alone they start building Databases. So having someone in the 0-9 category would be a jaw dropper TBH.

!
!
Windows 7 Professional, MS Access 2010
If the above post has helped you, please click the scales
or click the 'Thumbs up'. Cheers.

pr2-eugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:45 AM   #5
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr2-eugin View Post
So having someone in the 0-9 category would be a jaw dropper TBH.
There's always emotional age!

Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #6
BlueIshDan

At 16 I had a 12 year old boy guiding me with PHP problems I was having.
He had started at the age of 8. Anything can happen! lol

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 10-22-2014, 06:02 AM   #7
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Indeed. My first programming class was back in 1981, when I was the ripe old age of 10.

I almost miss learning BASIC on those old Apple II's.

Almost.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #8
BlueIshDan

We should do a poll asking what age you started programming! hahaha

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 10-22-2014, 07:44 AM   #9
BlueIshDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothingslosh View Post
Indeed. My first programming class was back in 1981, when I was the ripe old age of 10.

I almost miss learning BASIC on those old Apple II's.

Almost.
Damn, you've got me by one year! lol

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 10-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

I wrote my first program in BASIC on my mother's TRS-80 color computer at age 7 after learning many commands by spending hours typing the code out in the programs book. Yes, anything can happen.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
Sketchin
Newly Registered User

Sketchin is on a distinguished road

Same here with Tandy CoCo 128!
Sketchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
scott-atkinson
I'm with the Witch.......

scott-atkinson will become famous soon enough

Those were the days on my Spectrum 48k, those rubber keys were a real menace...
Old 10-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #13
BlueIshDan

I learned by opening existing programs/scripts and messing with them lol.

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Old 10-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #14
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Oh, I fiddled with the Vic-20s in my 3rd classroom before then, but that was mostly me typing in the games you could find listed in magazines. I didn't get interested in actually programming things myself until my parents showed me that BASIC summer class in the local school district's summer flyer.

Until then, astronomy and simple physics seemed much, MUCH cooler.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #15
BlueIshDan

Were your parents and/or family into computers?

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Tags
age , blue , blueishdan , poll

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: