VBA code (1 Viewer)

wassim99

Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
Hello All,
I am new to the site and to programming in general. I am writing this code in VBA studio 2010 and wanted a certain function out of it. I built a menu and want to set the code in a way that will close the application after I click on the button so for example if I want to click on the specific toolstrip menu item I want the application to take me to the destination but close at the same time. this is the code for one button that I have put together.

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
IO.
File.WriteAllBytes(IO.Path.GetTempPath + "HOME.PDI", My.Resources.Home)
End Sub
Private Sub ToolStripMenuItem10_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ToolStripMenuItem10.Click
Process.Start("C:\Documents and Settings\wassim99\Desktop\homework1.doc")
End Sub

I tried close.me and it killed the application I think it closed it right after it started.
I know I have to link a close function with the click so the click will have 2 jobs, 1 take me to destination and then close application, but I dont know how to put it together.

thanks for the help all i appreciate it.

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 00:09
I am writing this code in VBA studio 2010 and wanted a certain function out of it. I built a menu and want to set the code in a way that will close the application after I click on the button

The way to exit the current Access application (so Access instance and the current database the form is in \ has the button, etc...) is as follows:

Code:
  'Close all of Access... bye bye now bye bye!!
  DoCmd.Quit

So spawn your other process, once that is done, issue this to completely exit Access.

wassim99

Local time
Sorry All, I am still trying to understand how the site works.
Thanks mdlueck for the reply. It didnt work tho, I guess it'll work in an access code.
Another thing I was thinking about in addition to the top question; would it be possible to build a button right next to the start menu that includes the above code, so I push the button there my menu pups up like a drop down for that button then I click on the desired destination, the code takes me there and closes.

Thanks again all

wassim99

Local time
Thanks for everything all,
I just added a close() at the end of the click command and it worked fine.
thanks for the input
Wassim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom