Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > Other Software

Old 11-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road
too many folders and subfolders in outlook IMAP account (gmail synced)

To everyone using outlook and syncing it to their gmail account...

I had this issue going on with outlook 10 and now that I have reverted to 07 the same stupid thing happens. I first tried to get the gurus at MS to answer this question, but those typical morons gave me a canned response which obviously comes from their corporate policy. my original, short thread, is here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-2fc558fdcde8

I addressed this ridiculous response, and why it doesn't make any sense in my response to the same expert here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-b178ec861f39

the short of the issue is that I get all of what you see in the attached image when I open 07. my original post can be read in the first link above. I won't repeat it here. any help certainly welcomed people!

but this isn't the only issue. another annoying thing is that outlook will download random messages from random periods of "date received" spans and from random folders in gmail, at random times even though I have the automatic send/receive to every 20 minutes. and those messages that are downloaded can go to literally folder. some that come from gmail inbox are downloaded to spam, some go to "all mail", some don't. etc, etc, ....the possibilities go on and on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg too many folders.jpg (47.9 KB, 6 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: