Enough! (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 22:58
To members of this Forum who hail from the UK: It seems your dreich weather that you are notorious for has wandered into southern Italy.

It has overstayed its welcome and I would like you to come retrieve it.

Thank you...

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 03:58
Pay my airfare, and I'll pop over.

No guarantees though. :D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
You could at least send me a pair of wellies...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I need my wellies here. We've had heavy rain, sleet and snow here this morning.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 21:58
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it meant that you, NauticalGent, were stating that you had had enough of me starting threads in the watercooler.

It seems your dreich weather that you are notorious for has wandered into southern Italy.
call me stupid, but what is dreich?

Iowa has some of the worst winters in the USA. Already we've had 3 snowfalls and we just got through the 2nd cold spell of November. 3 days ago we set a record low overnight of 2 degrees.

ahhhh...one of my favorites, along with the classics "lol", "lmao", "wtf", "imo" and "irl"

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it meant that you, NauticalGent, were stating that you had had enough of me starting threads in the watercooler.

Quite the ego you have there! Not everything is about you my friend. Besides the WaterCooler is a good sub for FaceBook...

call me stupid, but what is dreich?

Cold, miserable and usually damp. In other words, normal UK weather.

Iowa has some of the worst winters in the USA. Already we've had 3 snowfalls and we just got through the 2nd cold spell of November. 3 days ago we set a record low overnight of 2 degrees.

Keep it right there...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Don't know about dreich, but Yiddish dreck is rubbish or something worthless that will probably end up on the rubbish heap soon. In debates it can mean "nonsense" or "nonsensical", as in "Your reason for <whatever> is pure dreck."

Any chance the two words are related?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Keep it right there...
What is it usually like in Naples? Italy is close to the equator, no? I would assume that means that year round ur weather is quite tolerable, like California in the USA. 60s and 70s?

I would've never known Naples even existed on the map if I hadn't watched The Bourne Supremacy.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:58
I have seen some pretty bad weather in Missouri (I was there for 26 years). And I am crazy enough to back to Missouri (just to get out of California).

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
(just to get out of California).
why? what's so wrong with CA, besides the wildfires, gentrification, adult entertainment industry, no middle class economy and bad political climate? isn't the weather year round out there similar to living near the equator?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Italy is close to the equator, no? I would assume that means that year round ur weather is quite tolerable, like California in the USA. 60s and 70s?

Neither is close to the equator, and you've clearly never been to CA. :p

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you notice the smiley? My point was that the temperature range is more like -10 to 120 depending on when/where you are.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
When I stayed in California on holiday, it was In Santa Cruz.
I swapped cars for the friend I was staying with. She was swapping cars with her Mom in Bainbridge Island, WA.
I started off, weather as I it had been all the time I had been staying there. When I got to the first set of mountains, snow coming in sideways. In the valley, lovely and sunny. second set of mountains, more snow.
Low cloud and rain the rest of the way kept the traffic planes grounded. :D

So I woud say you can have all sorts of different weather in CA at the same time.?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So I woud say you can have all sorts of different weather in CA at the same time.?

Absolutely! There are places where you could play golf in shorts, drive an hour and go snow skiing the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom