Outlook -- automated bulk appointments? (1 Viewer)

andreas_udby

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:28
Good morning, all! I'm trying to figure out some way of reducing the administrative workload on our secretary. Here is the scenario:

A manager hires or receives a new employee. They are required to meet with the employee on the 60-day, 120-day, 6-month, 8-month, and 10-month anniversaries of the employee's start date to give the employee feedback on their performance and highlight any areas where improvement is needed. There are two forms to be completed, one at 60 days and one in the 10th month, which are then returned to my office for review and filing.

What I would like to do is build something in Outlook or Sharepoint that would allow our secretary to put in the manager's email, the employee's name, and the start date, and it would, in turn, blast a series of appointments onto the supervisor's Outlook calendar. Each appointment would fall on the dates as adjusted by the time frames above, would include a reminder alert, would be listed as "Free" time (since the purpose is just to prompt the manager, not schedule an actual meeting for him/her), and would include the name and start date of the new employee.

I've been trying to see if I could build a simple form on Sharepoint that would tie to the Exchange server and perform as above. Or, failing that, is there someway for my secretary to do this directly through Outlook without having to go in and create five meeting announcements, etc.? Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom