Word, Excel, Access and maybe GoldMine (1 Viewer)

AliciaWallace

Local time
Today, 05:33
Hi, newb here, hope this is a good place to post my problem.

I would like to know if the following is possible (So you know, I do have GoldMine at my disposal, if it is necessary.);

I want to make a template of a report (in MS Word) which pulls information from Access and Excel. I currently have a nice little app running in Access to generate the database reports. I have the excel sheets and graphs all constructed ready to go into the reports.

Is it possible to pull the required data and items out of an excel sheet and paste into the relevant position on the Template?

Is it also possible for me to construct a template with the coding required to trigger the Access Switchboard and paste the resulting reports into my template?

To make it more difficult there are two (three if we get technical) variables that I would like to feed into the Access app; Client and Month of report (So start and end date).

I would also, while I'm chasing rainbows, like to make it idiot proof. Ergo, Open Template, User selects client from list, user selects month (Reports should only ever be needed to cover first to last of current month), report appears. Like magic. And they cannot screw it up. No matter how hard they try.

If you can help I will be eternally grateful.

-A-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom