MS Outlook - Download Messages into Different Accounts (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:13
Need some help here folks!

I have multiple accounts set up in Outlook (e.g. - GMail, Yahoo, etc...)

I need to be able to direct incomming server messages from the different accounts into their respective Inbox. I have 3 data files in Outlook, and they each have their own inbox. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of the "default" Inbox, which is currently set to GMail.

If I can't get rid of the default, which I assume I cannot, how in the world do I direct messages to their respective inboxes once they are downloaded from a "Send/Receive ALL" process?

Thank you for any advice. I've searched the net and the help files in Outlook, but can't seem to pinpoint this...

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:13
There are 2 ways to do this - the simplest and easiest way is to use rules. Create the folders you want and then go to tools > rules wizard and create a rule for each account to direct e-mail from say
you@yahoo.com
to a particular folder.

Or you could setup multiple profiles for each account in control panel > mail or tools > accounts but then you need to change account each time so I'd go with rules :p

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Thank you Minkey. I never even thought about this!

I have 4 accounts set up now, and all messages go into their corresponding accounts per the rules. :)

The only thing I find annoying about this is the fact that some companies require you to download software in order to enable communication with their servers.

This is like Yahoo, MSN, etc... that's annoying.

Google doesn't do that crap... Probably because they're good! :rolleyes:

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
The only thing I find annoying about this is the fact that some companies require you to download software in order to enable communication with their servers.

This is like Yahoo, MSN, etc... that's annoying.

Google doesn't do that crap... Probably because they're good! :rolleyes:

:confused: You don't need to download any software - all the e-mail settings you need (to set them up manually) for all web mail accounts are readily available clicky, you can even get them from each providers faq or support pages.

Personally I'd be a little suspicious about downloading software to do this (It may be legit but I'm like that :p).

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Thanks Minkey, but I think I'll go with the "software", since I already have it downloaded.

Do I have to buy the stuff from that link?

I know it gives the incomming and outgoing server information, but that stuff doesn't work within my Outlook account...

(on a side note to this, I downloaded the "outlook connector" software to download all of my messages from the hotmail account.)

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
I know it gives the incomming and outgoing server information, but that stuff doesn't work within my Outlook account...

If your happy using software to achieve this then fine I just don't like unnecessary stuff running when I can do it manually.

It should work fine - I use my ISP's web account this way, simply go to accounts and add a new one and fill in these fields:

> General, Name (the name you want to appear on your e-mail from field),
E-mail (the actual e-mail address)

> Servers, Incoming Mail (POP3 address), Outgoing (SMTP address) and Account name (your actual web mail account name)

Do I have to buy the stuff from that link?

Nope why pay for anything you can do for free ? (I am Scottish after all :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom